San José State University Department of Anthropology invites applications for a full-time tenure track assistant professor position in applied/cultural anthropology beginning August 2019, subject to budgetary approval.
• Applicants must have completed a PhD in anthropology or a closely related field before the position begins. The position requires an applied/cultural anthropologist able to use anthropology to address "real-world" problems in and between organizations, communities, and networks, and to actively participate in interdisciplinary collaborations.
• Applicants should have the ability to develop practice-oriented projects at local and global levels of organization that involve students. Teaching excellence and demonstrated scholarship potential is essential and applicants should be able to teach and coordinate general education courses, upper-division anthropology courses, and graduate courses.
• Applicants should also be able to contribute to an applied anthropology M.A. program.
• Applicants should have awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
• teaching and developing appropriate undergraduate and graduate courses, including general education courses
• developing local field projects that complement pedagogy and that involve undergraduate and graduate students
• advising undergraduate students in anthropology, behavioral science, and organizational studies
• supervising graduate students
• maintaining an active research program that contributes to the generation of knowledge, as manifested in scholarly publications
• participating in departmental, college, and university committees
Candidate must address the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
For full consideration, please send a letter of application, CV, statement of teaching interests/philosophy, research plans, and at least three original letters of reference by October 15, 2018. Send materials through Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/52364.
For questions please contact Jan English-Lueck, Acting Chair, Department of Anthropology, San Jose State University, One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192-0113 or email email@example.com. Mention Job Opening ID (JOID) 24642 on all correspondence.
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to the core values of inclusion, civility, and respect for each individual.