Committees and Topical Interest Groups
The Society for Applied Anthropology has a number of committees and Topical Interest Groups designed to act as forums for our members in specialized areas. On this page, you will find links to current committee membership and posted resources provided by each of the committees. You will also find links to active TIGs on the SfAA Online Community.
- Award Committees
- Standing Committees
- Special Committees
- Human Rights and Social Justice Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Oral History Committee
Topical Interest Groups
Members of the Society who share a particular interest may ask the Board to establish a Topical Interest Group. TIGs are informal vehicles for information exchange and collaboration. Requests for the formation of a TIG should include a brief rationale for the topic’s relevance to applied social science, and identification of founding members.
Once a TIG is formed it may publish information in the SfAA News, organize sessions at the annual meeting, and request a meeting room at the annual meeting. TIGs are asked to provide a written report to the Board in conjunction with the fall meeting of the Board each year.
- Anthropology of Higher Education TIG
- Applied Anthropology and Tourism TIG
- Applied Educational Anthropology TIG
- American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiin, and Canadian First Nation TIG
- ExtrAction and Environment TIG
- Gender-Based Violence TIG
- Grassroots Development TIG
- Immigration TIG
- Risk and Disasters TIG
- Reproduction, Politics, and Culture TIG
- TIG on Business Anthropology