Editor-In-Chief, Human Organization
The Society for Applied Anthropology announces a search for a new Editor-in-Chief of Human Organization, a journal that has been recognized as a leading scientific publication in applied social science since its founding in 1941. It is published four times annually and is directed toward interdisciplinary as well as anthropological audiences.
The term of the current Editor, Mark Moberg, ends in December 2013. The successor’s term will begin on January 1, 2014. The search is being initiated now to provide for a smooth transition.
The initial term of service for the new Editor-in-Chief will be three years. The term is renewable for one additional three-year period.
In addition to making at least a three-year commitment to the journal, candidates for the position should be able to secure release time (where possible) and other institutional support to supplement SfAA resources, constitute an Editorial Board, promote and cultivate the journal, and offer editorial expertise and direction. Additional criteria include:
- Experience as a journal editor, associate or guest editor, and/or editorial board experience
- A strong record of publication in applied social sciences
- A history of involvement in applied social science research/practice
Persons interested in applying for the position should provide the Publications Committee early on with a letter of intent, which can help initiate discussion and provide potential applicants with necessary information.
The actual application should contain the following:
- A letter of interest that indicates the candidate’s experience, ideas, and vision for the journal, and any support (such as release time, space, equipment and editorial assistance) that will be available from the host institution
- A letter of support from the institution
- A copy of the candidate’s vita or resume
- A proposed budget
Additional material may be requested by the Publications Committee at a later date.
Applications will be reviewed as received, with a deadline of December 31, 2012. Applications should be sent to:
Society for Applied Anthropology
HO Editor Search
P.O. Box 2436
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-2436
Questions concerning the position can be directed to Judith Freidenberg, Publications Committee Chair (email@example.com). We especially encourage interested individuals to contact the current editor, Mark Moberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).