The following page contains information for those who wish to be considered for reviewing articles submitted to Human Organization and information concerning what we ask for in a review.
Information for Potential Reviewers
Human Organization now has an electronic submission and review portal. Please go to www.humanorg.org to sign up to review.
Human Organization is always seeking to identify qualified reviewers for submitted manuscripts. Many of you have already responded to the following survey, which was distributed at the annual meetings, printed in Practicing Anthropology, and enclosed with the annual dues statement. But if you have not already sent one to us, please take a moment to fill one out. Return it to the Editorial Office at the address below.
- For each of the following items, please indicate up to 5 responses that best reflect your current interests. Be as general or as specific as you care to be in describing your areas of expertise. Your descriptions will be the basis for contacting you to review manuscripts.
- Topical areas (e.g., health care, education, international development)
- Action areas (e.g., policy analysis, community organization, program evaluation)
- Methodological orientation (e.g., quantitative analysis, oral history, spatial analysis)
- Theoretical orientation (e.g., cultural ecology, dependency theory, symbolic interactionism)
- Other disciplinary affiliations or affinities (e.g., public health, geography, social psychology)
- Geographic area
- Your name, telephone numbers, and e-mail address.
- Preferred electronic mailing address for correspondence that cannot occur via our portal at www.humanorg.org should be addressed to: email@example.com.
Information for Those Currently Reviewing a Manuscript
Please comment on as many of the following aspects of the paper as seem appropriate. Reviews should be submitted via our electronic portal at www.humanorg.org.
- Probable interest to readers
- Contribution of this paper to the literature on this subject
- Attention to relevant literature
- Adequacy of research design and/or analysis
- Style and organization of the paper
- Accept with Revisions*
*If you choose this option, please also be aware that:
We prefer to publish manuscripts no longer than 30 pages in length. If the manuscript is substantially longer than this, please suggest possible deletions.
For items requiring postal delivery:
Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work
University of South Alabama
5991 USA Dr. N., Rm. 34
Mobile, AL 36688-0002 USA